Fireside Chat with Arthur Chan: Breaking Barriers to Inclusive Communications (Hybrid event)
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM PSTHybrid event: online and Northeastern University Vancouver campus, 410 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC
Join Northeastern’s Khoury College of Computer Sciences for a Fireside Chat with Arthur Chan, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte, DEI strategist, and clinical psychologist.
Moderated by Dr. Mona Ali, Associate Teaching Professor at the Khoury College of Computer Sciences, this event aims to explore the vital themes of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within the realm of communication.
During this session, we’ll delve into the following key topics:
- The Definition of Inclusion and the Impacts of Exclusion: Unpack the essence of true inclusion and the stark realities of exclusion. Understand the critical role you play in shaping an equitable tech landscape, and the adverse effects exclusion can have on individuals and collective progress.
- How Inclusive Communications Benefit You and Everyone: An exploration of the tangible benefits inclusive communication brings to the table, not just for individual well-being but also for the overall enhancement of organizational and community dynamics.
- The Advantage of Inclusive Dialogue: Learn how embracing diversity in communication strategies not only enhances your personal growth but also propels organizational success and innovation.
- Career Advancement: In an industry where collaboration and innovation are key, possessing the ability to communicate inclusively sets you apart as a future leader.
- Common Roadblocks to Inclusive Communications: Identifying and discussing the prevalent challenges and barriers that hinder effective inclusive communication practices and strategize on overcoming them to foster a culture of belonging.
- Practice Makes Progress: Principles of Inclusive Communications: Transform theory into practice with principles that you can apply directly in your daily communications, preparing you for a global and diverse workforce.
Join us for a session that promises not just to inform, but transform how you engage in the tech space. Make your mark as an advocate for inclusion, ready to navigate and lead in the diverse workplaces of tomorrow.
Register today to secure your spot – this exclusive event is open to Khoury College of Computer Sciences students, faculty and staff only. If you are not a Khoury student or faculty and would like to attend, contact [email protected].